Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.2.X
Missing default references show up as none in ScriptableObject Script asset
1. Open the attached project (1345194.zip)
2. Notice that both the Script (ScriptWithMissingReference) and the ScriptableObject (Bug Example) assets reference New Material
3. Delete the New Material asset
4. Notice that the reference in Script says 'None (Object)' whereas in ScriptableObject it says 'Missing (Object)'
5. Restore New Material
6. Notice that both the ScriptableObject and the Script reference New Material again
Expected result: Both the ScriptableObject and the Script say 'Missing (Object)' as both remember it
Actual result: The Script says 'None (Object)'
Reproducible with: 2018.4.33f1, 2019.4.28f1, 2020.3.13f1, 2021.1.13f1, 2021.2.0b2, 2022.1.0a1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [URP] Exceeding the platform's supported light limit gives shadow distortion when using Deferred Rendering Path
- URP Sample Buffer Image Tile is moved when the Offset Value is changed
- Static constructor in a struct returns false when running tests with IL2CPP
- Console throws warnings and a MissingReferenceException error for XR packages when doing a clean project import
- [Linux][IL2CPP] Dedicated server crashes when calling Socket.Send
Resolution Note (fix version 2022.2):
Fixed in 2022.2.0a12