Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.2.X
Missing default references show up as none in ScriptableObject Script asset
1. Open the attached project (1345194.zip)
2. Notice that both the Script (ScriptWithMissingReference) and the ScriptableObject (Bug Example) assets reference New Material
3. Delete the New Material asset
4. Notice that the reference in Script says 'None (Object)' whereas in ScriptableObject it says 'Missing (Object)'
5. Restore New Material
6. Notice that both the ScriptableObject and the Script reference New Material again
Expected result: Both the ScriptableObject and the Script say 'Missing (Object)' as both remember it
Actual result: The Script says 'None (Object)'
Reproducible with: 2018.4.33f1, 2019.4.28f1, 2020.3.13f1, 2021.1.13f1, 2021.2.0b2, 2022.1.0a1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- All models become suddenly stuck in weird poses and Animations are messed up when previewing any character animation in the Editor and looking around in the Scene View
- Files are not included in the “Assembly-CSharp.csproj” file when they are in the Editor folder
- [URP] Specular Color behavior does not match Legacy or HDRP
- [Linux] Array Element doesn't duplicate/delete when clicking "Duplicate/Delete Array Element" on an Array Element in a Prefab GameObject
- [ShaderGraph] Skewed guidelines are drawn from the top left corner of the Node when it is moved