Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.2.X
Missing default references show up as none in ScriptableObject Script asset
1. Open the attached project (1345194.zip)
2. Notice that both the Script (ScriptWithMissingReference) and the ScriptableObject (Bug Example) assets reference New Material
3. Delete the New Material asset
4. Notice that the reference in Script says 'None (Object)' whereas in ScriptableObject it says 'Missing (Object)'
5. Restore New Material
6. Notice that both the ScriptableObject and the Script reference New Material again
Expected result: Both the ScriptableObject and the Script say 'Missing (Object)' as both remember it
Actual result: The Script says 'None (Object)'
Reproducible with: 2018.4.33f1, 2019.4.28f1, 2020.3.13f1, 2021.1.13f1, 2021.2.0b2, 2022.1.0a1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Sahder errors in Player when "Strict shader variant matching" is enabled and the rendering path is set to "Deferred"
- NullReferenceExceptions are being thrown when saving a ScriptableObject with an array of a type with a CustomPropertyDrawer that uses TrackPropertyValue
- Applied velocity is inconsistent when using Rigidbody AddForce() with ForceMode.VelocityChange
- Crash on AudioUtil_CUSTOM_HasAudioCallback when exiting Play Mode while the Inspector is displaying a GameObject with an empty script attached
- Scroll offset is framerate-dependent when scrolling with velocity in the Device Simulator