Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.2.X
Missing default references show up as none in ScriptableObject Script asset
1. Open the attached project (1345194.zip)
2. Notice that both the Script (ScriptWithMissingReference) and the ScriptableObject (Bug Example) assets reference New Material
3. Delete the New Material asset
4. Notice that the reference in Script says 'None (Object)' whereas in ScriptableObject it says 'Missing (Object)'
5. Restore New Material
6. Notice that both the ScriptableObject and the Script reference New Material again
Expected result: Both the ScriptableObject and the Script say 'Missing (Object)' as both remember it
Actual result: The Script says 'None (Object)'
Reproducible with: 2018.4.33f1, 2019.4.28f1, 2020.3.13f1, 2021.1.13f1, 2021.2.0b2, 2022.1.0a1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- “RegisterCallback<KeyUpEvent>” and “RegisterCallback<KeyDownEvent>“ callbacks are not called when pressing keys in a UI Toolkit window
- [VFX Graph] Use base color map set to none after material change in output
- [Mac] Context menu in Hierarchy is available but not functional when the Editor is out of focus
- Cursor's static properties does not change when changing the Cursor's states
- Cannot archive build for iOS using Xcode 13.3 when the project is built on a Windows machine