Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Fixed in 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X, 2021.2.X
Duplicate in 2021.1.X
Min Bounces is getting clamped to the first digit of the Max Bounces field, making it hard to set proper multi-bounce lighting
Steps to repro:
1. Create new project and scene;
2. In the Lighting window (Window>Rendering>Lighting) click New Lighting Settings button;
3. In the Lighting window type '5' to both Max Bounces and Min Bounces fields;
4. In the Lighting window type '10' to Max Bounces field.
Min Bounces field preserves the same value.
Max Bounces field changes to '1'. Possibly, this is due to the clamping logic not allowing Min Bounces to be bigger than the Max Bounces.
See the attached video, please.
- Reproducible in 2021.2.0a8, 2021.1.0b11, 2020.3.0f1, 2020.2.7f1-dots;
- Not reproducible before 2020.2 as Min and Max Bounces have been introduced in this version;
- Reproducible on Windows and OSX;
- The bug makes it hard to set the proper multi-bounce count, when the amount of bounces is more than 10. It would be better to refresh the Min Bounces only after input to Max Count field is completed;
- UX suggestion: swap Max and Min Bounces fields in the Lighting window, as it's more natural way to set minimal value first.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Animator with nested avatar root show missing properties in the Animation Window
- System.Threading.Task tasks cause stall when used in WebGL
- [Package Manager] Access denied when installing some packages
- SerializedProperty.DataEquals returns true for two strings that are different
- Prefab is glitchy when editing in Prefab Mode in a custom UI Environment