Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2017.1.X
[Metal] Using RenderTextureFormat.R8 with Linear color space causes a crash with Nvidia and Intel graphics
When textures with RenderTextureFormat.R8 are used with Linear Color Space enabled in Metal rendering mode, Editor and player crashes.
Steps to reproduce:
1) Open the attached project.
2) Press play.
A crash occurs in Metal drivers. This does not occur with OpenGL or with Color Space set to 'Gamma'. The crash also occurs in builds.
The crash doesn't occur on AMD GPUs.
Note that SupportsRenderTextureFormat with RenderTextureFormat.R8 returns 'true'.
2017.1.0b1 (trunk), 5.6.0f3, 5.5.3f1
Macbook Pro w/ Nvidia GeForce 650M (also Intel 4000) - reproduced
iMac 27' w/ Radeon 395M - did not reproduce
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Linux] C# Reflection performance is 50 to 60 times slower
- The scrollbars are moving as one when scrolling one of the scrollbars in the Array of Text Fields
- Renaming the Animation Transition applies to another Transition when Enter is not hit after the renaming
- Editor crashes on Play Mode when using Voxel Play Environment Script
- Decimal function values are incorrect when running the build with IL2CPP Scripting Backend