Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.2.X
[Metal] ScreenCapture.CaptureScreenshotAsTexture yields a transparent texture
1. Open the attached project.
2. Go to 'File > Build Settings > Player Settings'.
3. Check the 'Metal Editor Support' checkbox.
4. Play the 'Main' scene.
5. Click 'Capture'.
- Texture assigned to 'Canvas > RawImage' gets transparent.
Actual behavior (Screenshots attached):
- Metal yields transparent texture.
- OpenGL yields black texture.
- Metal and OpenGL behavior is similar.
2018.2.0a1 (210ec0022b93), 2018.1.0b6, 2017.3.1f1, 2017.3.0a7 (feature introduced)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Console throws warnings and a MissingReferenceException error for XR packages when doing a clean project import
- [Linux][IL2CPP] Dedicated server crashes when calling Socket.Send
- [2D URP] Documentation link on 3D Renderer Data doesn't work
- Depth is not rendered in a depth-only camera which is set up by a custom script
- The Scene\Game view is grey when two "Universal Additional Camera Data" scripts are attached to the camera
May 13, 2020 08:35
The problem still persists on Metal under MacOS in Unity 2019.3.13f1: the texture has transparent pixels where any UI elements where having transparency.
Sep 20, 2019 16:24
Yes, I too see this in 2019.2
Aug 08, 2019 08:54
Same issue in 2019.2
Dec 27, 2018 18:25
Seeing same issue in Unity 2018.2.18f1