Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.1
Fixed in 2018.4
[Metal] Edge-Length Tessellation throws compilation error when using vertex normal on the vertex function
Steps to reproduce:
1) Open the attached project (1065883_repro.zip).
2) In PlayerSettings, set the Graphics API to Metal.
An error is thrown in the Console:
Shader error in 'EdgeLengthTessellationIssue': 'vertexDataFunc': output parameter 'v' not completely initialized at line 28 (on metal)
Compiling Vertex program with UNITY_PASS_SHADOWCASTER SHADOWS_DEPTH INSTANCING_ON
Platform defines: UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP SHADER_API_DESKTOP UNITY_COLORSPACE_GAMMA UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME UNITY_LIGHTMAP_RGBM_ENCODING
The shader won't compile with Metal. This problem does not occur with OpenGL.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Performance Regression] AnimatorEditorTests Rebind Big Hierarchy 341 Transform
- [Performance Regression] LogTests DebugLogWarning has regressed in performance
- [Performance Regression] ClassListSelector_AddNewElements has regressed in performance
- [Performance Regression] UIElementsStyling: ClassListSelector_AddNewElements test has regressed
- [Performance Regression] UIElementsStyling NameSelector_AddNewElements has regressed from 18.4