Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.1
Fixed in 2018.4
[Metal] Edge-Length Tessellation throws compilation error when using vertex normal on the vertex function
Steps to reproduce:
1) Open the attached project (1065883_repro.zip).
2) In PlayerSettings, set the Graphics API to Metal.
An error is thrown in the Console:
Shader error in 'EdgeLengthTessellationIssue': 'vertexDataFunc': output parameter 'v' not completely initialized at line 28 (on metal)
Compiling Vertex program with UNITY_PASS_SHADOWCASTER SHADOWS_DEPTH INSTANCING_ON
Platform defines: UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP SHADER_API_DESKTOP UNITY_COLORSPACE_GAMMA UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME UNITY_LIGHTMAP_RGBM_ENCODING
The shader won't compile with Metal. This problem does not occur with OpenGL.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Changing scale of Tree prefab instance (in scene) and then undo/redo changes the source prefab scale and all painted instances
- Material properties are not correctly setup when assigning a ShaderGraph to a newly created material
- [iOS] Device.generation returns "DeviceUnknown" with some devices
- Misleading upgrade prompt when opening Project from Hub with an incremented project version
- Crash on GameObject::ActivateAwakeRecursivelyInternal when enabling a broken Prefab