Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.1.X
Fixed in 2018.4.X
[Metal] Edge-Length Tessellation throws compilation error when using vertex normal on the vertex function
Steps to reproduce:
1) Open the attached project (1065883_repro.zip).
2) In PlayerSettings, set the Graphics API to Metal.
An error is thrown in the Console:
Shader error in 'EdgeLengthTessellationIssue': 'vertexDataFunc': output parameter 'v' not completely initialized at line 28 (on metal)
Compiling Vertex program with UNITY_PASS_SHADOWCASTER SHADOWS_DEPTH INSTANCING_ON
Platform defines: UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP SHADER_API_DESKTOP UNITY_COLORSPACE_GAMMA UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME UNITY_LIGHTMAP_RGBM_ENCODING
The shader won't compile with Metal. This problem does not occur with OpenGL.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- All models become suddenly stuck in weird poses and Animations are messed up when previewing any character animation in the Editor and looking around in the Scene View
- Files are not included in the “Assembly-CSharp.csproj” file when they are in the Editor folder
- [URP] Specular Color behavior does not match Legacy or HDRP
- [Linux] Array Element doesn't duplicate/delete when clicking "Duplicate/Delete Array Element" on an Array Element in a Prefab GameObject
- [ShaderGraph] Skewed guidelines are drawn from the top left corner of the Node when it is moved