Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Planned for 2020.3.X, 2021.2.X
Mesh memory footprint is larger than estimated when profiling with the Profiler API
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project "MeshMemoryUsage"
2. Open the scene "SampleScene" and enter Play mode (Assets/Scenes/SampleScene.unity)
3. In the Game view, click the "Generate Mesh" button
4. Observe the _expectedTotalSize and _resultingSize values under the button
Expected result: _expectedTotalSize and _resultingSize display similar values
Actual result: _expectedTotalSize value is 2x smaller than _resultingSize
Reproducible with: 2020.3.22f1, 2021.1.28f1, 2021.2.1f1, 2022.1.0a3
Not reproducible with: 2022.1.0a4, 2022.1.0a14
Could not test with: 2019.4.32f1 (Script errors: 'Mesh' does not contain a definition for 'AllocateWritableMeshData', 'ApplyAndDisposeWritableMeshData', The name 'useDots' does not exist in the current context)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Camera active Texture is not written if another camera has a Script using "OnRenderImage"
- The Camera's background color is white when the device Appearance is "Light Mode"
- Particle System isn't culled off-screen when the Culling Mode is set to Automatic and the Simulation Space is set to World
- Main Player window is moved to the primary display when it's launched on a 3rd monitor and the 2nd monitor is activated
- Crash on Mesh::RecalculateBounds when assigning not enough vertices for two submeshes