Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.3.45f1, 2021.3.19f1, 2022.2.6f1, 2023.1.0a26
Improve error message for: SkinnedMeshRenderer: Mesh has been changed to one which is not compatible with the expected mesh data size and vertex stride. Aborting rendering.
# open Assets/Repro/SetTangent.unity
# enable gizmos in scene view or game view
# check console for errors
error message : SkinnedMeshRenderer: Mesh has been changed to one which is not compatible with the expected mesh data size and vertex stride. Aborting rendering.
Expected: Mesh and gameobject name is shown in console
Actual: No indication exactly what asset / object caused the error
Repro (error is missing info): 2022.2.0a15
no repro (no error): 2023.1.0a4
* seems either root cause of error is fixed in latest, or a regression happened causing the error to no longer appear in 2023.1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Prefab's scripts are constantly reloaded when trying to enter multiple digits or characters into public fields on custom scripts consecutively
- [Linux] Progress modal window stays on top of every other window and cannot be moved
- Crash on mono_g_hash_table_find_slot when entering Play Mode
- [iOS] Crash when pressing "Done" on the keyboard layout
- Sprite Atlas remains loaded in memory after scene change or unloading assets