Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2018.1
Mesh Collider keeps adding on prefab in the hierarchy when selecting it from the project folder
After adding cloth component on a prefab from project folder, selecting prefab in the hierarchy mesh collider keeps adding up and throws errors in the console.
1. Create new unity project
2. Create cube in the hierarchy
3. Drag it to project folder to make it a prefab
4. Select the prefab in the project folder and add cloth component, notice as there is no Mesh Collider
5. Select the prefab in the hierarchy
6. Observe as the mesh collider appeared on the prefab
7. Repeat steps 4 - 5 and observe as the prefab in the hierarchy gets more and more Mesh Colliders
Expected result: mesh collider does not add up on the prefab
Actual result: mesh collider keeps adding up on the prefab
Reproduced on: 2017.3.0b1 2017.3.0b5 2018.1.0a1
Not reproduced on: 2017.2.0f3 2017.3.0a3 2017.3.0a6
|Regression introduced in: 2017.3.0a7
Notes: also reproduces on MAC.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Drag-select in Prefab Mode selects GameObjects with Gizmos in any loaded scene
- Hierarchy ping effect rendering is offset
- EditorGUILayout.PropertyField does not work for Vector4
- Depth of Field doesn't blur near objects when "Allow HDR" is disabled
- Absolute paths from included packages cannot be converted to virtual paths in Assets/Packages