Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.4.4
Memory leak when unloading unused assets with Metal
Memory is continuously allocated (2 KB at a time) each time a scene is loaded on iOS with Metal as the Graphics API.
Steps to reproduce:
1) Open the attached project.
2) Build for iOS or as Mac standalone with Metal as the Graphics API.
3) Run on a Metal-capable device.
4) Using Instruments, monitor the memory allocations.
Memory is allocated (2 KB on iOS and 3KB on Mac standalone) each time a scene is switched. The memory buildup causes the app to crash eventually.
5.6.0a2, 5.4.3f1, 5.3.7p1
MacBook Pro Early 2013
iPhone 7 iOS 10.2
iPad Air 2 iOS 8.1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Inaccurate collision detections when Rigidbody Collision Detection is set to "Continuous" or "Continuous Dynamic"
- Crash on Object::IncrementPersistentDirtyIndex when upgrading project version
- [iOS] Multiple Xcode project instances created before opens up when performing Build and Run for iOS Platform
- IL2CPP Player crash on memset in VCRUNTIME140D when selecting UI GameObject
- [BiRP] GetScriptableCullingParameters() uses the wrong projection matrix when rendering two forward+ passes in XR