Search Issue Tracker
[UI][legacy text generator]Memory leak when changing Scenes with Text present
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open User-supplied project.
2. Run the project and start pressing the white buttons continuously.
3. Watch the Profiler window in the "Memory" section.
Expected: its memory usage does not increase.
Actual: its memory usage does not increase over time.
Reproduced in: 2017.4.30f1
Not reproduced in: 2017.4.0f1*, 2018.1.9f2*, 2018.4.4f1*, 2019.1.10f1, 2019.2.0b9, 2019.3.0a9
Notes: all similar cases lead to this case: 946442 or 925340. the former suggests that this issue is was fixed in 2017.2.0f1 and the other is marked as "Not Reproducible".
Since I can't find any other similar issues, I'm making this one.
*Could not build due to gradle errors.
Reproducible on Android with 'adb shell top' in the command line inspect the "dev.ksatou.text+ " process. Device:
VLNQA00149, Samsung Galaxy S9 (SM-G960F), Android 9, CPU: Exynos 9 Series 9810, GPU: Mali-G72
Reproduces on Editor with platforms: Android, PC Standalone.
Does not reproduce when changing scenes without any text objects in them.
Does not reproduce when Instantiating and Destroying the object during runtime.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- OnApplicationPause pauseStatus is incorrect after losing focus on macOS
- Animator Blend Tree weight defaults to 0 for a frame when AnimationClipPlayable is created with script in Play Mode
- Memory gets allocated for GC each frame when using PrefabStageUtility.GetPrefabStage
- Light brightness gets intense until the 'Lightmap Encoding' quality is changed when baking Lightmap
- [Preset] Some properties cannot be excluded from Texture Importer Preset through the Inspector window