Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2
Memory leak when calling Editor.CreateEditor()
How to reproduce:
1. Open attached project "CreateEditor.zip"
2. In the Project window, go to Assets > Scenes and open "SampleScene"
3. In the Hierarchy window, select "SelectMe" GameObject
4. Open the Console window and then hover mouse on the Inspector window
Expected result: Editor.CreateEditor() doesn't cache and memory doesn't add up
Actual result: Editor.CreateEditor() caches and memory usage increases
Reproducible with: 2017.4.40f1, 2018.4.23f1, 2019.4.0f1, 2020.1.0b12, 2020.2.0a14
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Nodes in the Vertex block are deleted when the edge connected to the Node is deleted
- Changes to instanced detail mesh material don't immediately apply
- Undo.RegisterCreatedObjectUndo dirties the scene, but no actual changes to Scene are made
- [Profiler] Scrubbing through filtered frames or sorting their data replaces the displayed data with duplicated data entries
- Errors are thrown and Sub Emitter is not reparented when trying to reparent Sub Emitters of Prefabs