Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 1.1-preview
Found in [Package]
Crash on executing code with an Input System call, which doesn't crash when executing it with a legacy input system call
1. Open the attached project ("1242406.zip") or import the attached "CrashScene.unitypackage" to any project and install Input System through Package Manager
2. Open "Game" Scene
3. Enter Play mode and keep clicking "UpArrow" button
4. If the crash didn't happen, repeat step 3
Reproducible with: 2019.3.0b5, 2019.3.16f1, 2020.1.0f1, 2020.2.0a19 (Input System 0.9.1-preview, 1.0.0)
Not reproducible with: 2019.1.14f1, 2019.2.21f1
Couldn't test with 2019.3.0a1-2019.3.0b4 due to this (and other) errors:
"Library\PackageCache\firstname.lastname@example.org\InputSystem\Editor\Internal\EditorHelpers.cs(52,27): error CS0117: 'AssetDatabase' does not contain a definition for 'MakeEditable'"
- The crash happens when entering or exiting Play mode or when placing the blocks in Play mode, stacktraces vary with every crash
- Sometimes assertion failures and error like these show up:
1. Assertion failed on expression: 'm_InstanceID != InstanceID_None'
2. Failed to erase object from ms_IDToPointer. It was not part of the set.
3. Transform has 'Renderer::kSystemParentHierarchy' hierarchy interests present when destroying the hierarchy. Interests must be deregistered in Deactivate.
- Disabling "Grid", "GridFactory" and "DoubleBlockFactory" GameObjects make the crash reproduce faster, but I'm not sure if it's the exact same crash (after comparing editor logs, seems similar)
- Pressing "Space" button executes the same code, but is called through legacy input system in Update method of DoubleBlockController script, doesn't crash. If that same code is called using Input System, it crashes
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Standard Unity Materials and Shaders become corrupted after importing specific Asset Packages
- [Linux][OpenGL][Vulkan] Draw calls are not shown in the Event List when taking a capture of a frame with RenderDoc
- Inaccurate collision detections when Rigidbody Collision Detection is set to "Continuous" or "Continuous Dynamic"
- Crash on Object::IncrementPersistentDirtyIndex when upgrading project version
- [iOS] Multiple Xcode project instances created before opens up when performing Build and Run for iOS Platform