Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 5.4.0
[Materials] Material file content is non-deterministic in Editor - order of properties in a '.mat' file changes
1) Load the UnstableBundles project
2) Immediately Exit Unity Editor (these two steps are important because it ensures that the Library folder is up to date)
3) Load the UnstableBundles project again
4) In the project tree, click on "MotionBlur1" (NB: this step is important)
5) In the project tree, click on "VignetteMaterial" and change 'ZVenus' value
6) From the File menu click Save Project
7) View Assets\Materials\VignetteMaterial.mat in a text editor and notice that '_CyanTex' appears before '_WhiteTex'
8) Close Unity Editor and reopen it with UnstableBundles again
9) In the project tree click on "VignetteMaterial 1" and change 'Carrot' value
10) In the project tree click on "VignetteMaterial" and change 'ZVenus' value
11) From the File menu click Save Project
12) View Assets\Materials\VignetteMaterial.mat in a text editor and notice that '_WhiteTex' appears before '_CyanTex'
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [GPU PLM] Indirect bounce color is wrong
- [UI] Float types revert to 0 if a decimal point is entered when the value is selected
- LWRP is leaking resources when building Unity.Physics project to device
- Prefab instance with a script that automatically sets the parent of it creates a duplicate of itself after exiting Prefab mode
- Unity Ads Package conflict with Moq framework