Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.4.0
[Materials] Material file content is non-deterministic in Editor - order of properties in a '.mat' file changes
1) Load the UnstableBundles project
2) Immediately Exit Unity Editor (these two steps are important because it ensures that the Library folder is up to date)
3) Load the UnstableBundles project again
4) In the project tree, click on "MotionBlur1" (NB: this step is important)
5) In the project tree, click on "VignetteMaterial" and change 'ZVenus' value
6) From the File menu click Save Project
7) View Assets\Materials\VignetteMaterial.mat in a text editor and notice that '_CyanTex' appears before '_WhiteTex'
8) Close Unity Editor and reopen it with UnstableBundles again
9) In the project tree click on "VignetteMaterial 1" and change 'Carrot' value
10) In the project tree click on "VignetteMaterial" and change 'ZVenus' value
11) From the File menu click Save Project
12) View Assets\Materials\VignetteMaterial.mat in a text editor and notice that '_WhiteTex' appears before '_CyanTex'
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Dropdown menu covers the button when there is no space for it from below
- WebCamDevice only returns one rear-facing camera when built on Android
- Reimporting a Scripted Importer Asset when Profiler is recording will make it null
- Crash on CachedWriter::Write when building a project that has access to files being denied
- Lego tutorial does not continue when text fields are updated