Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2018.1
Materials texture becomes invisible when materials shader has been set from 'Particles/Standard Surface or Unlit'
Steps to reproduce (or watch attached video):
1. Open attached project "968908.zip"
2. Create a new Material
3. Set materials shader to 'Particles/Standard Surface' or 'Particles/Standard Unlit'
4. Set materials shader to 'Particles/Alpha Blended' or 'Particles/Additive'
5. Drag 'star-sprite' from Project View to materials texture reference
6. Look at materials preview
Actual result: particles are invisible - once the materials shader had been set to Particles/Standard Surface or Particles/Standard Unlit, the texture of the material will be invisible with different shaders. Re-referencing the texture doesn't fix this, the material has to be re-created.
Reproducible with: 2017.3.0a2, 2017.3.0b9, 2018.1.0a4
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- One Input axis does not work after using Input.ResetInputAxes() while both axes are held down
- [UWP] Build fails when the project folder name has non-ascii character.
- Prefab Asset changes are not reflected inside Prefab Editor when Unity Editor is in the Play Mode
- [Audio] DSP Buffer Size sets to Best performance when pressing trying to set to default
- [LWRP][VR][Android] Cardboard VR: Extreme incorrect distortion on some Android devices