Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2
Fixed in 2020.1
Material's shader selection dropdown has only one initial selectable category called "Failed to compile" in the Inspector
How to reproduce:
1. Create a new project
2. Create a new Material (by pressing the plus icon in the top left corner of the Project window and selecting "Material")
3. In the Inspector window open the "Shader" dropdown
4. Observe the amount and names of categories
Expected result: There are shader categories and shaders listed in the dropdown, like: AR, FX, GUI, Legacy Shaders, Mobile, Nature, Standard, etc.
Actual result: There is a single category in the dropdown called "Failed to compile"
Reproducible with: 2020.1.0a23
Not reproducible with: 2017.4.37f1, 2018.4.17f1, 2019.3.2f1, 2020.1.0a22
Note: Although shaders are listed in a different category than in versions before 2020.1.0a23 their functionality is unaffected
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [x86] Custom function with float return Type returns NaN values in Build when built to Windows x86 release
- Lightmap visualization tonemapping isn't working on Editor start
- [MacOS] Edit menu bar commands(Select All/Copy/Paste) are not functioning in Native Windows created by the Editor
- [2D Path] Box selection for objects inheriting GenericScriptablePath is offset on the Y-axis
- You cannot edit the Materials in the Import Settings when you have multiple Import Settings selected