Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Material's Main Maps Tiling/Offset controls are locked when VideoPlayer is targetting the material.
This is a problem that was pointed out by a user on the forums: https://forum.unity.com/threads/videoplayer-materialoverride-how-to-set-aspect-ratio-scale-or-change-tiling-offest.772220/
How to reproduce:
1. Open attached project: MaterialOverrideLockedControls
2. Open TestScene
3. Click on the Video Plane game object.
4. Go in the game object's inspector for the Video Material.
5. Observe that you can edit the Main Maps' Tiling and Offset values, both X and Y.
6. Enter playmode
7. Observe that the Tiling and Offset values get reset to 1 and 0, respectively.
8. Try to edit the Tiling and Offset values
9. Observe that they are locked: they should not.
6. Disable the VideoPlayer before entering playmode
7. Enter playmode
8. Try to edit the Main Maps' Tiling and Offset values
9. Observe that they are not locked: as it should.
This problem is present since the VideoPlayer's very first version.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- All models become suddenly stuck in weird poses and Animations are messed up when previewing any character animation in the Editor and looking around in the Scene View
- Files are not included in the “Assembly-CSharp.csproj” file when they are in the Editor folder
- [URP] Specular Color behavior does not match Legacy or HDRP
- [Linux] Array Element doesn't duplicate/delete when clicking "Duplicate/Delete Array Element" on an Array Element in a Prefab GameObject
- [ShaderGraph] Skewed guidelines are drawn from the top left corner of the Node when it is moved