Search Issue Tracker
Material gets corrupted when using ASTC with Metal Graphics API
1. Open the "SampleScene" Scene in the attached project "BugDemo.zip"
2. Open the Window > Asset Management > Addressables > Groups
3. Expand the Play Mode Script and select the Use Existing Build (requires built groups)
4. Expand the Build and select New Build > Default Build Script
5. After the Build is done enter the Play mode
6. Observe the Game view
Expected result: The two spheres in the Scene have identical and correct rendering results
Actual result: The left sphere has the correct rendering, but the right sphere material gets corrupted
Reproducible with: 2020.3.24f1, 2021.2.5f1. 2022.1.0b1
Could not test with: 2019.4.33f1 (Console errors due to downgrade)
- Only reproducible on the macOS
- Only reproducible with Graphics API set to Metal, not reproducible with OpenGLCore
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- deadlock in AssetDatabase_AcceleratorClient_Scheduling.ScheduledRequest_Status_InProgress
- Texture Compression settings on Android and WebGL Platforms are reset to default when building the project using a script
- Camera active Texture is not written if another camera has a Script using "OnRenderImage"
- The Camera's background color is white when the device Appearance is "Light Mode"
- Some GameObjects ignore the Default Parent when creating them in the Hierarchy