Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2017.2
[Material] Alpha value that is Animated in Materials Color property is returned incorrectly when using Linear Color Space
How to reproduce:
1. Open users attached project and "testScene"
2. Open the Game view, notice that there are two White bars in the scene. "TestShader" for them is written in a way that the length of the bar reflects to their material _Color.a value. The top bar's color value was set in its material inspector without animation (to 0.5).
3. Second bar and its Materials Alpha value is not set trough Material inspector and is instead set trough Animation (Material uses the same "TestShader")
4. Enter playmode for Animation to occur
Expected result: Top and bottom bars are the same length
Actual result: Bottom bar is not the same length as the top bar. You can see in the console output that even though the Material alpha values should be equal, the returned Material alpha value is down to 0.2
Note: Reproducible in Linear color space, not reproducible in Gamma color space
Regression introduced in - 5.6.1p1
Reproducible with - 2017.3.0a1, 2017.2.0b4, 2017.1.0p2, 5.6.2p4, 5.6.1p1
Not reproducible with - 5.6.1f1
Fixed in 2017.3.0b1, 2017.2.0f1, 2017.1.1p3, 5.6.3p4
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Lighting] Reflection Probe causes shadow artifacts on Android while using OpenGL2 graphics API
- Realtime Reflection probe throws error after pressing `Bake Reflection Probes`
- TestRunner Window does not update test results correctly for tests with the same name
- [UI] Invalid AABB inAABB error occurs on clearing reference resolution values for canvas scaler
- [Editor] Missing reference exception occurs on deleting particle system