Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2018.3
[MainModule] CustomCulling set to Pause is not preventing the systems from being updated when off-screen
1. Play CustomCulling from the attached project
2. Press the spacebar (or use the drop-down) to switch the particle culling to Pause
3. Observe how the FPS remains unchanged
4. Press the Enable Culling checkbox to activate culling via script (from Karl's Unite talks)
5. Observe the FPS improve.
Expected outcome: particle systems with culling mode set to Pause to not impact performance while off-screen.
Actual results: switching the culling mode does not seem to affect anything
- not a regression, a new feature
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [TextMesh Pro] Using Ellipsis overflow causes some Emojis to turn into a Square when truncated
- Editor: Assembly icons are not shown correctly.
- [VR]Editor Crashes when exiting the Play Mode if VR support is enabled and a Particle System is emitting mesh instances
- Object with ISerializationCallbackReceiver Interface receives Serialization Callback when it has a private access level
- AssetModificationProcessor.OnWillCreateAsset Callbacks are inconsistent with different Assets