Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2017.3.0f3
Fixed in 5.6.X, 2017.1.X, 2017.2.X
[macOS] Memory usage increases significantly when using AssetDatabase.CopyAsset
Using "AssetDatabase.CopyAsset" function takes too much memory for every copied asset. If the assets are enough to take all the system memory, the Editor crashes which is user's real case.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open user's attached project
2. Go to menu Test > CopyTextures.
3. Look in the Activity Monitor app (or any other memory tracker) that there are massive memory growths.
Result: a lot of memory is being used, if it takes all the system memory, the Editor crashes.
Reproduced with: 2017.2.0b9, 2017.1.0p5, 5.6.3p2.
Not reproduced with: 5.5.4p2.
Regression introduced in: 5.6.2p1.
Workaround: use FileUtil.CopyFileOrDirectory(srcPath, dstPath);
Note: not reproducible on Windows.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [iOS] Back Triple Camera is not focusing manually and automatically
- Mouse inputs cannot be inputted when searching the Shortcuts Menu by type "Shortcut"
- "Debug Assertion Failed!" error when launching Windows Dedicated Server Player with Script Debugging enabled
- [Cinematic Studio][3D HDRP] Shader warnings thrown in the Console window when creating a new project with Cinematic Studio template
- Autoplay is triggered on Audio Assets when changing Asset Bundle tags