Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2017.3
[macOS] Memory usage increases significantly when using AssetDatabase.CopyAsset
Using "AssetDatabase.CopyAsset" function takes too much memory for every copied asset. If the assets are enough to take all the system memory, the Editor crashes which is user's real case.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open user's attached project
2. Go to menu Test > CopyTextures.
3. Look in the Activity Monitor app (or any other memory tracker) that there are massive memory growths.
Result: a lot of memory is being used, if it takes all the system memory, the Editor crashes.
Reproduced with: 2017.2.0b9, 2017.1.0p5, 5.6.3p2.
Not reproduced with: 5.5.4p2.
Regression introduced in: 5.6.2p1.
Workaround: use FileUtil.CopyFileOrDirectory(srcPath, dstPath);
Note: not reproducible on Windows.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Second Hierarchy window is focused when creating object in main Hierarchy
- Editor crashes when deleting in-use SpeedTree Terrain assets
- Error CS0266 when using Implicit operator to convert Nullable<> struct to non-nullable
- [UWP] Ping doesn't work and an exception is thrown when Ping.isDone
- Unity Editor crashes when importing obj file with large dimensions