Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2017.3.0f3
Fixed in 5.6, 2017.1, 2017.2
[macOS] Memory usage increases significantly when using AssetDatabase.CopyAsset
Using "AssetDatabase.CopyAsset" function takes too much memory for every copied asset. If the assets are enough to take all the system memory, the Editor crashes which is user's real case.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open user's attached project
2. Go to menu Test > CopyTextures.
3. Look in the Activity Monitor app (or any other memory tracker) that there are massive memory growths.
Result: a lot of memory is being used, if it takes all the system memory, the Editor crashes.
Reproduced with: 2017.2.0b9, 2017.1.0p5, 5.6.3p2.
Not reproduced with: 5.5.4p2.
Regression introduced in: 5.6.2p1.
Workaround: use FileUtil.CopyFileOrDirectory(srcPath, dstPath);
Note: not reproducible on Windows.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- 'Can't add script' pop-up warns about abstract classes when dragging static classes onto GameObjects
- [Hub] Project "Remove from list" option is behind notifications when selecting the most bottom project in the list
- [Android][Vulkan] Black Screen renders on devices with Adreno 640 and Mali GPU's
- Sound/Audio is played when the VideoPlayer's attached AudioSource game object is disabled
- A Parser Failure error is thrown after importing a specific Animation file to a Unity project