Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2017.3.0f3
Fixed in 5.6, 2017.1, 2017.2
[macOS] Memory usage increases significantly when using AssetDatabase.CopyAsset
Using "AssetDatabase.CopyAsset" function takes too much memory for every copied asset. If the assets are enough to take all the system memory, the Editor crashes which is user's real case.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open user's attached project
2. Go to menu Test > CopyTextures.
3. Look in the Activity Monitor app (or any other memory tracker) that there are massive memory growths.
Result: a lot of memory is being used, if it takes all the system memory, the Editor crashes.
Reproduced with: 2017.2.0b9, 2017.1.0p5, 5.6.3p2.
Not reproduced with: 5.5.4p2.
Regression introduced in: 5.6.2p1.
Workaround: use FileUtil.CopyFileOrDirectory(srcPath, dstPath);
Note: not reproducible on Windows.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Linux Hub] A new instance of the Hub does not have a Taskbar icon
- Mesh Inspector becomes slow to use when inspecting a large Mesh with Blend Shapes
- [Metal] GfxDeviceMetal::CreateComputeProgram does not check inputs
- The Modes button of the the SerializedField MinMaxGradient is not clickable in the Inspector when indentLevel is more than 0
- Input.GetKey for Left Shift returns true when Right Shift is held down and Left Shift is pressed (and vice versa)