Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Fixed in 2020.3.X
[macOS] [Linux] Input.inputString doesn't convert input to the suggestions from IME
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open the project attached by the user
2. Open scene "InputApiTestScene"
3. Add Simplified Chinese (Pinyin) to your available keyboard language and select it as the current keyboard input
4. Enter Play mode
5. Type anything
6. Try selecting symbols suggested (you can do that by either using corresponding numbers or navigating with arrow keys and selecting by pressing space key)
Expected results: inputString changes to the selected symbols from IME
Actual results: inputString contains the characters used to select the symbols suggested by the IME (either space or numbers)
Reproducible with: 2019.4.20f1, 2020.2.4f1, 2021.1.0b7, 2021.2.0a4
- IME works as expected with TMP, Text, search fields in Editor
- Not reproducible on Windows
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Mouse inputs cannot be inputted when searching the Shortcuts Menu by type "Shortcut"
- "Debug Assertion Failed!" error when launching Windows Dedicated Server Player with Script Debugging enabled
- [Cinematic Studio][3D HDRP] Shader warnings thrown in the Console window when creating a new project with Cinematic Studio template
- Autoplay is triggered on Audio Assets when changing Asset Bundle tags
- Inspector Asset Bundle section has no indication for Variants, AssetBundle is written without a space, and Variant dropdown menu is available without setting the Asset Bundle first