Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1.X
[MacOS] Can interact with editor window without it coming into focus
If your editor window is unfocused, you can click on visible components and interact with the editor. It stays out of focus for a few of these clicks.
Eventually the windows comes into focus.
Occurs on MacOS. Does NOT appear to be reproducible on Windows.
1. Create a new unity project.
2. Put an external program window over the Unity Editor and focus it so it's partially covering the editor. (i.e. Web Browser)
3. Click on a visible editor tab or button.
Expected result: Window comes into focus, responds to what you clicked on.
Actual result: Window stays out of focus, but still responds to what you clicked on.
- Tested on Mac and Windows.
- Usually focuses on the 2nd or 3rd interaction with the editor window.
- Video example of this occurring in comments.
Reproducible in 2020.1.0a15
Not reproducible in 2019.3.0b12, 2020.1.0a12, 2020.1.0a14
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Incorrect values in ReadPixel for some 16bit GraphicsFormat when on Windows
- .Z component from a Vector3 UV-set is ignored when rendering in standalone builds
- There are 38 extra AudioSources in the Scene
- Performing Android and iOS batch-mode builds causes error in RenderTexture
- Windows Player exe contains unwanted properties, causing text "Unity Playback Engine" to appear in task bar when mousing over it