Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2019.1
[Mac GLCore] The scene window fails to refresh after a few interactions
When the Mac editor is in OpenGL + Linear Color Space, a few interactions can cause the Scene view to freeze and stop updating.
In the comments, view the attached:
Scene view freeze when using a scene view visualization: 1100000_Repro_ValidateAlbedo.mov
Scene view freeze when selecting/deselecting a Light Probe Group: 1100000_Repro_LightProbeGroup.mov
Scene view freeze when selecting/deselecting a particle system: ReproSteps.mov
Resetting the layout to default or clicking on game view temporarily fixes the issue.
The issue was initially believed to be shuriken-specific, the info below shows the original information.
- download this project
- open the Default-Particle scene
- Try to select and deselect one or more of the particles
- Try to switch from 3d to 2d view and back
- after a few seconds, the scene view will freeze up
- you can reopen the scene view or reset the layout to default to get it working again.
Only reproduced on MacOS (tested on OS 10.14 Mojave), could not reproduce in Windows.
Could not reproduce on Metal (only OGL)
Reproduced with 2019.1.0a9, 2018.3.0b10. 2018.3.0b8. 2018.3.0a1
Cannot reproduce with 2018.2.13f1
When the freeze happens and I try resizing the scene view window, the scene window just goes black (or sometimes flashes red).
Sometimes, these errors do pop up in the console.
Assertion failed on expression: 'task.rasterData.indexBuffer == NULL'
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [LWRP][ARKit] Camera feed is not seen when using LWRP on iOS devices
- One Input axis does not work after using Input.ResetInputAxes() while both axes are held down
- [UWP] Build fails when the project folder name has non-ascii character.
- Prefab Asset changes are not reflected inside Prefab Editor when Unity Editor is in the Play Mode
- [Audio] DSP Buffer Size sets to Best performance when pressing trying to set to default