Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.1.X
Fixed in 2018.3.X
[Mac GLCore] The scene window fails to refresh after a few interactions
When the Mac editor is in OpenGL + Linear Color Space, a few interactions can cause the Scene view to freeze and stop updating.
In the comments, view the attached:
Scene view freeze when using a scene view visualization: 1100000_Repro_ValidateAlbedo.mov
Scene view freeze when selecting/deselecting a Light Probe Group: 1100000_Repro_LightProbeGroup.mov
Scene view freeze when selecting/deselecting a particle system: ReproSteps.mov
Resetting the layout to default or clicking on game view temporarily fixes the issue.
The issue was initially believed to be shuriken-specific, the info below shows the original information.
- download this project
- open the Default-Particle scene
- Try to select and deselect one or more of the particles
- Try to switch from 3d to 2d view and back
- after a few seconds, the scene view will freeze up
- you can reopen the scene view or reset the layout to default to get it working again.
Only reproduced on MacOS (tested on OS 10.14 Mojave), could not reproduce in Windows.
Could not reproduce on Metal (only OGL)
Reproduced with 2019.1.0a9, 2018.3.0b10. 2018.3.0b8. 2018.3.0a1
Cannot reproduce with 2018.2.13f1
When the freeze happens and I try resizing the scene view window, the scene window just goes black (or sometimes flashes red).
Sometimes, these errors do pop up in the console.
Assertion failed on expression: 'task.rasterData.indexBuffer == NULL'
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- The Editor does not recognize button release when first releasing the "LShift" button and then "Numpad2"
- Reflection Probe doesn't load until it's selected in the Hierarchy window when the project has been opened
- "ArgumentNullException" error in the Console when selecting certain ScriptableObjects and entering Play Mode
- Configurable joints become bouncier when setting "Bounciness" below 1
- Prefabs get corrupted when editing Particle System curves
Jul 02, 2020 10:39
It is one of the best websites for attaching various information about the computer and computer-related issues. Here, they provide some many tips to overcome the issues and problems. Thank you so much for sharing the tips, https://transporttechsystems.com/ and it is useful for everyone to solve the issues.
Aug 13, 2019 10:43
The issue tracker is a good reference site for attaining knowledge in various fields of the computer http://www.ovaldiamondrings.com/round-diamond-ring/valuable-points-to-know-about-fancy-cut-diamonds/ . They share the issues and solutions for the problem. Thanks a lot for sharing the solution for the scene window just goes black when trying to resize it.
May 08, 2019 05:26
If you get any trouble to connect the wireless device in your mobile then you must see that http://windowstuts.net/mobile this platform here you find the latest information that how this will be easily connect.
Dec 14, 2018 16:01
I have the same problem in Unity 2018.3.0f2 on Windows 10 without any VR or XR
Nov 16, 2018 17:20
I should mention this is on Windows 10.
Nov 16, 2018 17:19
I'm having similar issues that result in the same error being spammed to the console when running the app but under totally different circumstances. Here's how I can reproduce it:
1. Create a new project in Unity 2018.3b10
2. Install the OpenXR package using package manager
3. Enable VR support in player settings
4. Add a particle system to the scene and hit play
5. Errors appear in console