Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.1.X
Fixed in 2018.3.X
[Mac GLCore] The scene window fails to refresh after a few interactions
When the Mac editor is in OpenGL + Linear Color Space, a few interactions can cause the Scene view to freeze and stop updating.
In the comments, view the attached:
Scene view freeze when using a scene view visualization: 1100000_Repro_ValidateAlbedo.mov
Scene view freeze when selecting/deselecting a Light Probe Group: 1100000_Repro_LightProbeGroup.mov
Scene view freeze when selecting/deselecting a particle system: ReproSteps.mov
Resetting the layout to default or clicking on game view temporarily fixes the issue.
The issue was initially believed to be shuriken-specific, the info below shows the original information.
- download this project
- open the Default-Particle scene
- Try to select and deselect one or more of the particles
- Try to switch from 3d to 2d view and back
- after a few seconds, the scene view will freeze up
- you can reopen the scene view or reset the layout to default to get it working again.
Only reproduced on MacOS (tested on OS 10.14 Mojave), could not reproduce in Windows.
Could not reproduce on Metal (only OGL)
Reproduced with 2019.1.0a9, 2018.3.0b10. 2018.3.0b8. 2018.3.0a1
Cannot reproduce with 2018.2.13f1
When the freeze happens and I try resizing the scene view window, the scene window just goes black (or sometimes flashes red).
Sometimes, these errors do pop up in the console.
Assertion failed on expression: 'task.rasterData.indexBuffer == NULL'
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Sahder errors in Player when "Strict shader variant matching" is enabled and the rendering path is set to "Deferred"
- NullReferenceExceptions are being thrown when saving a ScriptableObject with an array of a type with a CustomPropertyDrawer that uses TrackPropertyValue
- Applied velocity is inconsistent when using Rigidbody AddForce() with ForceMode.VelocityChange
- Crash on AudioUtil_CUSTOM_HasAudioCallback when exiting Play Mode while the Inspector is displaying a GameObject with an empty script attached
- Scroll offset is framerate-dependent when scrolling with velocity in the Device Simulator