Search Issue Tracker
[Metal] Mac crashes to Login screen after using color picker eye dropper tool with Metal Graphics API
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open EyedropperTest project
2. Make sure Metal API is activated in Player settings
3. Select "Recolor me" sprite and open Color picker for changing its color
4. Select Eye drop tool and click around (unsure what causes small freeze when selecting or scrubbing through screen with it every once in a while)
5. Keep repeating step 4 until crash to Login
Expected result: Eyedropper quickly returns picked color from screen, doesn't freeze, definitely doesn't crash not only the program, but the whole OS
Actual result: After a couple of tries, the cursor will disappear and the program along with the user will crash to login screen
Reproduced on 5.6.0f3, 5.6.0p1
Doesn't reproduce on 2017.1.0b1, 5.5.2f1, 5.5.3p1
Note: Check repro video from youtube.
5.6.0f2, 5.6.0f1 selecting Eye drop tool straight up crashes Unity. 2017.1.0b1 doesn't crash everything, but I couldn't find any duplicates that mention an actual fix.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [iOS] Crash on ScriptingGCHandle::Acquire when calling RequestUserAuthorization without using yield for pending authorization
- Particle is not visible in RenderTexture when Renderer's material is set to Default-Particle and Camera's BG Alpha is set 0
- [Physics] Character Joint jumps around when following Kinetic Rigidbody
- [macOS] There is no way to tell if you are running under Rosetta
- [AssetImport] Changing Graphics APIs in Android platform reimports most of the assets (textures, fonts, ...)