Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.1.X
[macOS] Editor crashes on start,after porting to mac and adding preloaded shaders
1. Create a new project on Windows
2. Save the project
3. Open the project in a Mac (OS 10.12.4)
4. Open "Edit" -> "Project Settings" -> "Graphics"
5. In "Shader preloading" press "Save to asset..." and save the shader variant collection
6. Increase the "Size" to "1"
7. Add the saved variant collection to "Element 0" of "Preloaded shaders"
8. Save the project and quit Unity
9. Open Unity and load the project
Expected result: Project launches
Actual result: Unity crashed
Reproduced with: 2017.1.0b1, 5.6.0f1
Regression introduced in: 5.5.3f3
Not Reproducable with: 5.4.5f1
Was not reproduced on macOS 10.12.3 and lower
Deleting the "Library" and "Temp" folders inside your project files solves the issue
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Standard Unity Materials and Shaders become corrupted after importing specific Asset Packages
- [Linux][OpenGL][Vulkan] Draw calls are not shown in the Event List when taking a capture of a frame with RenderDoc
- Inaccurate collision detections when Rigidbody Collision Detection is set to "Continuous" or "Continuous Dynamic"
- Crash on Object::IncrementPersistentDirtyIndex when upgrading project version
- [iOS] Multiple Xcode project instances created before opens up when performing Build and Run for iOS Platform