Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 12.0.0
Found in [Package]
[URP] VFX Graph projects have visual artifacts when viewed with certain mobile GPUs
- VFX Graph not production ready on mobile, aim to address during 2020 cycle.
- More info on forums: https://forum.unity.com/threads/effects-created-using-vfx-graph-not-showing-on-android.841465
1. Create a default VFX Graph
2. Drag it in the scene
3. Build the project for Android
4. Launch the project on the phone
5. Depending on the phone, severe visual artifacts can be visible (images attached).
- Visual artifacts on Moto G5s Plus (Adreno 506)
- Works fine on Samsung S9 (Adreno 630)
Jul 17, 2020 11:11
Same issue with Oculus Go. Basically exactly what PHORIA_DEVELOPERS said.
Bet this issue will be resolved after Go support is sunsetted.
Mar 20, 2020 13:09
Just to chime in, we are aware of the issue with some mobile GPUs, and the aim is for the team to work on the VFX graph's mobile implementation (for compute-capable devices) during the 2020 cycle.
This forum thread can give you a bit more information about some of the underlying issues: https://forum.unity.com/threads/effects-created-using-vfx-graph-not-showing-on-android.841465
Thank you all for upvoting and commenting on this issue, stay healthy and safe! :)
Mar 14, 2020 17:04
Tried many different versions for VFX (about 7 or 8) and Unity (2018.3, 2019.1, 2019.2 and 2019.3).
Works on Samsung S9
Doesn't work on Oculus Quest
Mar 05, 2020 18:17
@TCROC Im not sure... first I would definitly put it under URP and not LWRP since they changed the name.
Second, might be worthwhile bugging them on the community forums?
Mar 05, 2020 14:15
@MARKSFB That is a good point. Is there another way of trying to report this to Unity so they see it?
Mar 04, 2020 19:28
Happening on Oculus Quest for me as well.
So many people reporting the issue but no comment from Unity?
Could it be that this bug is in wrong category and they just don't see it?
Feb 27, 2020 01:58
Just wondering if there are any updates on this issue :)
Feb 17, 2020 13:04
I am also waiting for this to be fixed for the Oculus Quest!
Feb 12, 2020 04:28
This is currently the #1 most voted "Active" issue in all categories. Is there any chance we can get an update on this?
Feb 11, 2020 10:27
Here's how it looks https://youtu.be/nDxiV2abx3A
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Graphics.DrawProcedural doesn't work like in DX11 when used with DX12
- [Quest 2] Running Entities Graphics/BatchRendererGroup under Vulkan results in a frame rate drop compared to OpenGLES 3 and causes Tile Binning to cost more
- Filters dropdown: Window doesn't rescale on items collapse
- Sprite Preview is broken when the Sprite is too tall or too wide
- Objects are invisible in Scene view when using Wireframe Shading Mode
Resolution Note (fix version 12.0.0):
Fixed in 2022.1.0a12. Verified on Samsung Galaxy Fold 2. Thank you all for following this issue. The VFX Graph is not out of preview for mobile and our aim is to address this during the 2020 cycle. This will include looking into mobile issues such as this one, as well as a further focus on URP integration, including lit shaders.
We will temporarily close this issue with a 'postpone' tag to manage expectations that there won't be an imminent resolution and that work on this will come as part of a bigger mobile push for the VFX Graph throughout this year. Please rest assured that the issue is very much on our radar and will be looked into by out team.
Stay healthy and safe!