Search Issue Tracker
[LWRP][GLES2] Specific Samsung device performance degradation with GLES2 when using LWRP
1. Open the TestPerf project;
2. Switch platform to Android;
3. Set OpenGLES2 as Graphics API;
4. Build and run on Samsung Galaxy S7;
5. In the main menu, scenes list choose "Market (low-end)" scene;
6. In the quality settings, choose Low-Mid, Mid-High or High settings;
7. Change Pipeline to Builtin;
8. Press "RUN TEST" button;
9. When the test ends, you will see the results on the top-left side of the screen;
10. Double tap on the screen and rerun the test with LWRP Pipeline.
Expected result: Average frame time when using LWRP pipeline is shorter or equal to Built-in scene.
Actual result: average frame time is 50-170% higher with LWRP.
Devices Under Testing:
-Samsung Galaxy S7 (SM-G930F), 7.0, CPU: Exynos 8 Octa 8890, GPU: Mali-T880
Not reproduced with:
-Huawei P9 (EVA-L19), 7.0, CPU: HiSilicon Kirin 955, GPU: Mali-T880
-Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini, Mali-400 MP, 4.1.2
-LG Leon 4G, Adreno (TM) 306, 5.0.1
-Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini, Mali-400MP, 6.0.1
-Nvidia Shield, Nvidia Tegra, 6.0.1
-Razer Phone, Adreno (TM) 540, 7.1.1
-Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet, Adreno 430, 7.1.1
-Samsung Galaxy Note8, Mali-G71, 8.0.0
-Google Pixel C Tablet, NVIDIA Tegra, 8.1.0
-Google Pixel XL, Adreno (TM) 530, 9
Reproduced with: 2018.3.0b4, 2019.1.0a4.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Japanese diacritic symbols are missing from the build executable file when building the project
- [Hub] Tutorial Project summaries advise to set preferred Editor to 2019.1 when Hub 2.x does not have preferred Editor anymore
- Tilemap Collider 2D exists when tiles are being deleted
- Using Assert.Inconclusive in editmode stops the running test
- Overriding OnInspectorGUI without EditorGUILayout GetControlRect results in EditorGUI PropertyField invisible/clipped/collapsed