Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.5.0
[Shuriken] Low-quality particle collision exhibits unintuitive behaviour
Low quality particle collision seems to "remember" the collider even after the collider is removed.
1. Open attached project
2. Open the ParticleSystem_Collision_LowQuality scene
3. Press play
4. Move "CollisionSprite" up to intersect with the particle system
5. Move "CollisionSprite" back down to no longer intersect with the particle system
6. Observe how the particle stream acts as if the collision sprite is still there.
Expected behaviour: Consistent behaviour with High/Medium quality or more information as to special Low quality behaviour.
- a quick chat in devs-particles suggested that "low" quality is for static objects.
- object tested in the scene is dynamic (perhaps adding information in the inspector that low quality works on static objects only and then disabling collision with dynamic objects could make it more intuitive?)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Editor freezes when recompiling scrips in Play Mode
- Shuriken particles depth offset is not working(has no affect) when 'Renderer Alignment' is set to 'View'
- [InputSystem] InputSystem is not initialized when run in `-batchmode`
- Assertion failed on expression: 'rs->textureID == realRS->textureID'
- Asset path and filename is missing when warning about self-intersecting polygon is thrown