Search Issue Tracker
[Linux Editor] High CPU usage is accumulated on a single core if WebView windows are present
When WebView windows are loaded (Services, Getting Started, etc.), one of computer's cores becomes heavily loaded.
Steps to reproduce:
1) Launch Unity.
2) Monitor CPU usage via 'System Monitor' app.
When Unity is at project selection screen, CPU usage on one of available cores is very high, compared to others (100% on mid-end PC). The high usage alternates between the cores every ~10 seconds. This is most likely caused by the 'Getting Started' section, which is a WebView. When selecting a project to open (Nautilus window takes focus from the project selection window), the CPU usage returns to normal. The same issue occurs when Services or other web windows are open within the Editor.
This does not occur on macOS or Windows.
5.2.2f1, 5.3.6f1, 5.6.0b8
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Search Picker] Undoing selection in unity while the picker is opens doesn't close the picker
- [Android] APP becomes unresponsive and crashes with ANR errors
- Replace no longer replaces when using incremental pipeline
- [LightProbes] Individual light probe gizmos are no longer visible
- [iOS] Canvas does not change when enabled in OnApplicationFocus/OnApplicationPause events