Search Issue Tracker
[Linux Editor] High CPU usage is accumulated on a single core if WebView windows are present
When WebView windows are loaded (Services, Getting Started, etc.), one of computer's cores becomes heavily loaded.
Steps to reproduce:
1) Launch Unity.
2) Monitor CPU usage via 'System Monitor' app.
When Unity is at project selection screen, CPU usage on one of available cores is very high, compared to others (100% on mid-end PC). The high usage alternates between the cores every ~10 seconds. This is most likely caused by the 'Getting Started' section, which is a WebView. When selecting a project to open (Nautilus window takes focus from the project selection window), the CPU usage returns to normal. The same issue occurs when Services or other web windows are open within the Editor.
This does not occur on macOS or Windows.
5.2.2f1, 5.3.6f1, 5.6.0b8
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [OSX] Editor windows flicker in Play Mode when dragging and docking windows with Metal Editor Support enabled
- Popup Window propagates input in its calling Window underneath and all other Windows
- [XR] Vulkan graphics device lacks support for additional graphics queue when using Oculus XR provider
- [TransformTool] Shift rotate always reset the rotation value when used
- Editor stops repainting and throws exceptions when creating new Scene inside AssetDatabase.StartAssetEditing()