Search Issue Tracker
[Linux Editor] Assertion failed: Reentered BeginCurrentContext after drag-and-dropping a material to the scene
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create a new project
2. In the scene, add a plane and a cube
3. Create a new material, change its color to red
4. Drag-and-drop the newly created material on the plane in Scene View
Result: console outputs an error
Assertion failed: Reentered BeginCurrentContext
Reproduced on: 2017.1.0f1
Did not reproduce on: 5.6.2f1
Note: the issue does not always seem to reproduce, but I was able to reproduce it on the second attempt by following the video guide "unity2017.1.0xf1-assert-begincurrentcontext-1.ogv"
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Sprite Preview is broken when the Sprite is too tall or too wide
- Objects are invisible in Scene view when using Wireframe Shading Mode
- The property of a component becomes read-only when it is bound to "PropertyStreamHandle"
- Physics.Raycast does not work when used on the whole model
- Shader Graph changes the Position of Prefab instances in Play mode
Jan 30, 2018 06:19
Same issue here using Unity 2017.3.0p2 under Debian stretch 64 Bit.
Jan 07, 2018 18:56
Same on 2017.3.0f1 (Ubuntu 17.10)
Oct 23, 2017 08:23
Same to me, appeared just after I created a new scene and added an image as a canvas child. 2017.2.0f3 (Arch, AMD R7 1700x, Nvidia 1080)
Oct 09, 2017 08:33
i have a same error too
Sep 17, 2017 18:15
Still There on 2017.1.1xf1, and with a 2D project adding sprite
(Ubuntu 17.04, AMD CPU, AMDGPU-PRO driver)
Aug 29, 2017 20:36
Same error for me on both 2017.1 and 2017.2 beta.
Running the aur build in Arch Linux.
Error doesn't seem to do anything.
Aug 23, 2017 00:24
I can confirm existence on 2017.1.0xf3Linux.
It shows up in my current project pretty much daily, but I am not manipulating materials at this point in my project. I agree with the minor severity, as everything seems to work fine otherwise.