Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1.X
Fixed in 2018.4.X, 2019.2.X, 2019.3.X
LineRenderer Line is not rendered when it is in between Orthographic Camera position and the actual camera rendering position
How to reproduce:
1. Open attached project "Case_1169997_repro.zip"
2. Open "Repro" scene
3. Observe Game View
Expected result: Two lines appear in the Game View
Actual result: One line appears in the Game View
Reproducible with - 2017.4.30f1, 2018.4.5f1, 2019.1.13f1, 2019.2.0f1, 2019.3.0a11
This happens because the LineRenderer Line is billboarding to the position of the camera which means that if the Near Clipping Plane of the Orthographic Camera is set to a negative value, the Line will face away from the actual rendering point of the Camera.
(Also apply same fix to TrailRenderer, if possible)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- ShaderUtil.GetShaderData(shader).SubshaderCount does not count unsupported subshader
- GameObject.GetComponents returns the wrong number of components
- GUI button looks different from Editor in a Build
- Live Profiler Timeline keeps losing frame data while scrolling inside Profiler window
- Input.mouseScrollDelta.y is not correctly mapped to mouse wheel when running an iOS app on Apple Silicon Mac