Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1.X
Fixed in 2018.4.X, 2019.2.X, 2019.3.X
LineRenderer Line is not rendered when it is in between Orthographic Camera position and the actual camera rendering position
How to reproduce:
1. Open attached project "Case_1169997_repro.zip"
2. Open "Repro" scene
3. Observe Game View
Expected result: Two lines appear in the Game View
Actual result: One line appears in the Game View
Reproducible with - 2017.4.30f1, 2018.4.5f1, 2019.1.13f1, 2019.2.0f1, 2019.3.0a11
This happens because the LineRenderer Line is billboarding to the position of the camera which means that if the Near Clipping Plane of the Orthographic Camera is set to a negative value, the Line will face away from the actual rendering point of the Camera.
(Also apply same fix to TrailRenderer, if possible)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [URP] Incorrect tree shadows are shown in Play Mode when SRP Batcher is enabled
- [iOS][UaaL] After unloading a Unity scene, memory remains allocated depending on how much memory was used in the scene
- [WebGL] "Unable to open archive file" error is thrown in Build when "Compress Local Catalog" option is enabled for Addressables
- editor crashes on trying to open project on a very long path
- Performance in Game View is significantly impacted by Gfx.WaitForPresentOnGfxThread when a second monitor is connected