Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1.X
Fixed in 2018.4.X, 2019.2.X, 2019.3.X
LineRenderer Line is not rendered when it is in between Orthographic Camera position and the actual camera rendering position
How to reproduce:
1. Open attached project "Case_1169997_repro.zip"
2. Open "Repro" scene
3. Observe Game View
Expected result: Two lines appear in the Game View
Actual result: One line appears in the Game View
Reproducible with - 2017.4.30f1, 2018.4.5f1, 2019.1.13f1, 2019.2.0f1, 2019.3.0a11
This happens because the LineRenderer Line is billboarding to the position of the camera which means that if the Near Clipping Plane of the Orthographic Camera is set to a negative value, the Line will face away from the actual rendering point of the Camera.
(Also apply same fix to TrailRenderer, if possible)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Framedebugger: compute shader ints showing up in Float section with wrong value
- Unity Editor process remains running after closing Editor
- Animation is not mirrored when toggling the 'Mirror animation' option in Blend Tree
- OnApplicationPause pauseStatus is incorrect after losing focus on macOS
- "Image invalid format!" Error is thrown when Generating Lights on Vulkan Graphics API and Android Build target