Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1
Fixed in 2018.4, 2019.2, 2019.3
LineRenderer Line is not rendered when it is in between Orthographic Camera position and the actual camera rendering position
How to reproduce:
1. Open attached project "Case_1169997_repro.zip"
2. Open "Repro" scene
3. Observe Game View
Expected result: Two lines appear in the Game View
Actual result: One line appears in the Game View
Reproducible with - 2017.4.30f1, 2018.4.5f1, 2019.1.13f1, 2019.2.0f1, 2019.3.0a11
This happens because the LineRenderer Line is billboarding to the position of the camera which means that if the Near Clipping Plane of the Orthographic Camera is set to a negative value, the Line will face away from the actual rendering point of the Camera.
(Also apply same fix to TrailRenderer, if possible)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Investigate why .meta files are sometimes not parsed right
- Cursor is not locked to Game window when pressing Windows key then clicking the Taskbar and refocusing the Game
- EditorGUIUtility.ShowObjectPicker doesn't allow to pick assets from derived classes
- Disabling and enabling an AudioSource component controlled by a Timeline causes a pop and ignores the mixer settings
- Build Pipeline functions cause a re-execution of the last Async task when called in an Async function