Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.2.0
Baked lightmaps have wasted/empty space.
1) What happened
In unity 3, when generating lightmaps, it would appropriately size them to 1024^2, 512^2, 1024x512, etc. In unity 4 it seems to be only 1024^2.
2) How can we reproduce it using the example you attached
Create a new scene and add a plane.
Click the Static box on the plane.
Go in lightmapping settings and set the resolution to 1.
Bake the lightmaps.
Notice that the plane is only using a tiny portion of the lightmap (under 'atlas'), but the lightmap is still 1024^2.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- When a Rigidbody2D is inactive GetPoint/GetVector/GetRelativePoint/GetRelativeVector fallbacks to returning (0, 0)
- Light brightness gets intense until the 'Lightmap Encoding' quality is changed when baking Lightmap
- Crash on LinearCollectionField::LinearCollectionField after a 'm_ArrayField != SCRIPTING_NULL' assertion when opening a project
- Import Activity Window takes long time to open
- Child Canvas' Sorting Layer is changed to the same value as the parent Canvas after interacting with Dropdown UI object