Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.2.0
Baked lightmaps have wasted/empty space.
1) What happened
In unity 3, when generating lightmaps, it would appropriately size them to 1024^2, 512^2, 1024x512, etc. In unity 4 it seems to be only 1024^2.
2) How can we reproduce it using the example you attached
Create a new scene and add a plane.
Click the Static box on the plane.
Go in lightmapping settings and set the resolution to 1.
Bake the lightmaps.
Notice that the plane is only using a tiny portion of the lightmap (under 'atlas'), but the lightmap is still 1024^2.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- The Vector Graphics package can't be found in the Package Manager even if preview packages are enabled
- Hyphen symbol is not allowed inside the InputField if its content type is set to Name
- [2D Game kit] "Import parameters got modified during import" error is thrown when opening up the project for the first time
- Building subscenes without platform package doesn't work
- Picking stacked objects always selects prefab