Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.2
Fixed in 2017.2, 2017.3
"Lighting data asset ‘LightingData-1’ is inconsistent" error when moving Asset files with baked data to another project
Steps to repro:
1. Open the attached project.
2. Run REPRO/Bake menu item. Assets\White\Scenes\mainmenu_base will be generated with bake data.
3. Clear GI cache.
4. Close Unity.
5. Start a new Unity instance and create a new project.
6. Close Unity.
7. Copy over the entire Assets folder from the repro project to the newly created empty project.
8. Open the newly created empty project and let everything import.
1. Load attached project.
2. Run REPRO/Bake menu item
3. Close Unity.
4. Delete Library\metadata files
5. Load project again.
Bake data copied from another project is consistent with initially baked one.
"Lighting data asset ‘LightingData-1’ is inconsistent because 3 files out of 67 are missing. Please use Generate Lighting to rebuild the lighting data." warning message.
are shown meaning that copied lighting data is different from the initially baked one.
See attached screenshot.
Regression introduced in Unity 2017.1.2p4.
- Reproducible in 2018.2.0a1, 2018.1.0b4, 2017.2.1p3, 2017.1.2p4;
- Not reproducible in 2017.1.2f1.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [macOS] Empty error appears in the Console window when certain files are present in the project with macOS Catalina
- Builds that contain terrain using the Nature/Terrain/Standard shader produce errors when run in headless mode
- When the registry value for "TimeZoneKeyName" is invalid, "TimeZoneNotFoundException" exceptions are thrown
- [2018.4] UnityWebRequest.java has a sHostnameVerifier which doesn't have server identity check implemented
- Secondary hidden Hierarchy windows pop up when a new gameObject is created in another Hierarchy window