Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.2.X
Fixed in 2017.2.X, 2017.3.X
"Lighting data asset ‘LightingData-1’ is inconsistent" error when moving Asset files with baked data to another project
Steps to repro:
1. Open the attached project.
2. Run REPRO/Bake menu item. Assets\White\Scenes\mainmenu_base will be generated with bake data.
3. Clear GI cache.
4. Close Unity.
5. Start a new Unity instance and create a new project.
6. Close Unity.
7. Copy over the entire Assets folder from the repro project to the newly created empty project.
8. Open the newly created empty project and let everything import.
1. Load attached project.
2. Run REPRO/Bake menu item
3. Close Unity.
4. Delete Library\metadata files
5. Load project again.
Bake data copied from another project is consistent with initially baked one.
"Lighting data asset ‘LightingData-1’ is inconsistent because 3 files out of 67 are missing. Please use Generate Lighting to rebuild the lighting data." warning message.
are shown meaning that copied lighting data is different from the initially baked one.
See attached screenshot.
Regression introduced in Unity 2017.1.2p4.
- Reproducible in 2018.2.0a1, 2018.1.0b4, 2017.2.1p3, 2017.1.2p4;
- Not reproducible in 2017.1.2f1.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- In Play Mode, an extra Sync Call is made every frame when a GameObject has a Rigidbody 2D component
- Crash on block_remove when a scene is opened in a specific project
- The GameObject with a Hinge Joint Component does not return to the initial position when the Use Motor property is toggled off
- The construction of a specific class breaks the binding Bool references and does not allow them to be toggled on back by hand when working in the Custom Editor window
- AssetReferenceAtlasedSprite creates a copy of the Sprite during Addressables.LoadAssetAsync<TObject> which does not release when Addressables.Release is used