Search Issue Tracker
Legacy Search engine does not return results in Hierarchy window when searching for scripts with "special" names
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open SampleScene in the attached "1375617_repro" project
2. In the Hierarchy window's search bar enter "Prefab"
Expected result: GameObject "Capsule" with a script component named "Prefab" is shown in the Hierarchy window
Actual result: no results are returned
Reproducible with: 2019.4.32f1, 2020.3.22f1, 2021.1.28f1, 2021.2.1f1, 2022.1.0a13
- this issue occurs only when using Legacy\Classic Search engine
- tested a few other names that are not returned when searched for: "GameManager", "Folder"
- script named "GameManager" is returned when searched for in 2022.1.0a13
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Variable is set to a different value from the selected enum value in the Editor dropdown
- TreeView Child display toggle styling becomes reversed when clicking and dragging it
- Null is returned when using FocusOutEvent.relatedTarget
- Unity_BaseInstanceID is always zero when rendering multiple meshes and instancing with the same buffer
- UI Document button's text does not resize relatively when size in percentage (%) is used
The legacy hierachy search should find type if prefixed with t:, i.e. t:Prefab.