Search Issue Tracker
[JsonUtility] ToJson() with Lists and lots of Data causes crash
1) Open the project and Scene.scene in it
2) Take a look in the script - notice the for cycle with 500k iterations
3) Play the scene - notice the crash
4) Change 500k to 50k in the script
5) Play and notice there is no crash
Workaround: divide the data into few string
Reproduced in: 5.4.0b1; 5.3.1p2; 5.3.0b1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Reflection Probe doesn't load until it's selected in the Hierarchy window when the project has been opened
- "ArgumentNullException" error in the Console when selecting certain ScriptableObjects and entering Play Mode
- Configurable joints become bouncier when setting "Bounciness" below 1
- Prefabs get corrupted when editing Particle System curves
- Colors on images become darker when enabling "Vertex Color Always in Gamma Color Space"
Jul 16, 2021 11:20
Jan 29, 2016 16:51
I am having a similar problem. Though I am not using lists, only strings.
When sending large amounts of messages, at some point JsonUtility starts returning json fragments and some variables are corrupted, e.g. to "None".
A crash normally ensues.