Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.4.3
Issues with cube map sampler changes in 5.4
According to "Upgrading to Unity 5.4" there are changes with how you sample unity_SpecCube1.
"Reflection probes share a sampler between the two textures. If you are sampling them manually in your shader, and get an “undeclared identifier samplerunity_SpecCube1” error, you’ll need to change code from UNITY_PASS_TEXCUBE(unity_SpecCube1) to UNITY_PASS_TEXCUBE_SAMPLER(unity_SpecCube1,unity_SpecCube0)."
It doesn't appear that we always use UNITY_PASS_TEXCUBE but usually use the other helper macros.
In the case of UNITY_SAMPLE_TEXCUBE we can just switch from UNITY_SAMPLE_TEXCUBE(unity_SpecCube1, coord) to UNITY_SAMPLE_TEXCUBE_SAMPLER(unity_SpecCube1, unity_SpecCube0, coord)
However there is no equivalent helper for lod samples. This exists UNITY_SAMPLE_TEXCUBE_LOD(unity_SpecCube1, coord, lod) but this doesn't UNITY_SAMPLE_TEXCUBE_LOD_SAMPLER(unity_SpecCube1, unity_SpecCube0, coord, lod)
Is UNITY_SAMPLE_TEXCUBE_LOD_SAMPLER a helper macro that should exist but doesn't? If it should exist there are various other texture types that would also need UNITY_SAMPLE_*_LOD_SAMPLER equivalents.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'UnityEngine.UnityAPICompatibilityVersionAttribute..ctor
- [URP] Cannot assign overlay cameras to a camera stack while in Prefab Mode.
- "Go to previous Keyframe" button/shortcut does not work in the Animation Window
- Passing Scene names to LoadScene(Async)InPlayMode instead of full path loads empty Scenes
- [Linux] [Editor] Input.GetAxis("Mouse ScrollWheel") always returns 0 when Cursor.lockState is set to CursorLockMode.Locked