Search Issue Tracker
[XR][iOS][Vuforia] Background plane doesn't fill the entire screen
1. Make sure Vuforia module is installed.
2. Create a new project.
3. Import the attached package " 979615_Package".
4. Build the "3-ImageTargets" scene to Xcode project.
5. Build the Xcode project 2 times in a row to a device.
- View will not fill the entire screen.
- It may be difficult to see using black devices.
To check it, go to: 'Window' > 'Devices and Simulators' > Select the connected device > 'Take Screenshot'.
A black frame should be visible on the screenshot edges (Screenshot attached).
- If it still doesn't reproduce, minimise and maximise the application a few times.
- View fils the entire screen.
- iPhone 8 iOS 11.0.1
Not reproducible with:
- iPhone 7 iOS 11.1, iPhone 7 iOS 10.3.2
- 2017.1 doesn’t have the XR settings,
- Vuforia example doesn’t build with 2017.2, 2018.1 and 2018.2
May 30, 2019 21:10
Bug seems not to be fixed yet.
Jan 27, 2019 03:55
I updated Vuforia to the latest version and it is still not fixed!
Jan 17, 2019 10:00
Seems to be fixed by Vuforia: https://library.vuforia.com/articles/Release_Notes/Vuforia-SDK-Release-Notes
Dec 13, 2018 14:32
This is also happening in 2018.x. The frame is not as thick anymore. Now it's a 1px frame and flickering. If you set a white Camera Background Color it is very noticeable. When will this be fixed? Happens at least on my iPhone 7.
Apr 02, 2018 14:54
Can't see your screen shot but I'm guessing it's the same I have running 2018.1.0b12 (latest version breaks with included Vuforia module).
How can this not be fixed? How on earth are Unity so slow to react on stuff like this? The iPhone X is almost 6 months old by now.
Feb 20, 2018 12:17
2017.3.1.f1 Still has this issue on iPhone X
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Long Prefab save times when using Unity 2022.2 and higher
- Console displays error "UnityException: Creating asset at path Assets/Scenes/ .scenetemplate failed." during scene template saving
- "Development Build" watermark is shown in non-development UWP release builds
- Console errors appear when the Inspector is set to Debug and a GameObject is selected
- A script public variable value is not used when set in the Inspector window
Marking this issue as Won't Fix as Vuforia has taken over support of their product within Unity.