Search Issue Tracker
[iOS] Using ReplayKit breaks screen auto-rotation
When starting a ReplayKit broadcast a UIViewController and UIWindow are created. These do not abide to the supported orientations chosen by the user and so weird rotation effects start to occur. There is a "rotate to portrait" animation and the status bar appears at the top of the screen, even though the application is meant to be locked to landscape only orientations. Also, as the UIViewController/UIWindow are not removed when stopping the broadcast the effect continues.
You need an iOS device with a third party broadcasting app (Mobcrush) installed in order to use the ReplayKit broadcasting functionality and repro this bug.
1) Open attached project
2) Build and run on iOS device (tested iPhone 7 Plus)
3) See game is locked to landscape (both left and right)
4) Start broadcasting (click gui button)
5) See now when rotating to portrait there is a rotation animation and the status bar appears at top
6) Stop broadcasting and see that this odd status bar screen rotating bug still occurs (only stops if you restart the app)
Repro'd on 5.4.5p2.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Mouse inputs cannot be inputted when searching the Shortcuts Menu by type "Shortcut"
- "Debug Assertion Failed!" error when launching Windows Dedicated Server Player with Script Debugging enabled
- [Cinematic Studio][3D HDRP] Shader warnings thrown in the Console window when creating a new project with Cinematic Studio template
- Autoplay is triggered on Audio Assets when changing Asset Bundle tags
- Inspector Asset Bundle section has no indication for Variants, AssetBundle is written without a space, and Variant dropdown menu is available without setting the Asset Bundle first