Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.4.2
[iOS][Metal] Significant performance degradation in 5.4 with some custom shaders
1. Build the attached project (761024_SimpleReproProject.zip) on Unity 5.4, 5.3 & 5.1.
2. Observe that 'Fishlabs/GroundShader' is much slower on 5.4
(thee difference is more noticeable on A7 (tested mini 2 & Air 1) devices),
--------5.1.4f1 | 5.3.1p2 | 5.4.0b2
iPad Air 1 - 5.3ms | 6.3ms | 14.9ms
iPhone 6s - 1.7ms | 1.3ms | 2.7ms
The only thing that seems to have been changed by the auto updater, when importing to 5.4:
// Upgrade NOTE: replaced '_Object2World' with 'unity_ObjectToWorld'
This can also be reproduced with other shader in 'Fishlabs' in the smaller repro project or using the full user project.
Version 5.4.0b2 (b1537386f494)
Sun, 10 Jan 2016 21:35:42 GMT
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- A vertical graphical artifact appears on Android Player when clearing Z & Stencil Buffer and running with OpenGLES3 Graphics API
- Player crashes when built with IL2CPP Scripting backend
- TextMeshPro package throws multiple Shader errors when importing TMP Essential Resources
- Package Manager search text field has no validation and leads to Editor freezes
- PlayerLoop.SetPlayerLoop() function is ignored when playing game in Player