Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2018.2
[iOS] Crash when calling native UIViewController that changes orientation settings
Project is attempting to present UIImagePickerController (Library Photos set, which is the only portrait) while the Unity game is set Auto Rotation as Default Orientation in the iOS Player Settings and Landscape Right and Landscape Left marked as the only allowed Orientation.
The issue only appears on devices running iOS 10, iOS 9 and iOS 8.
1. Build and run attached project for iOS ("CrashOrientation.zip")
2. In Player: press Button
Result: player crashes.
From Xcode Output:
2018-01-19 17:08:33.233 orientCrash[2078:1105573] Uncaught exception: UIApplicationInvalidInterfaceOrientation: Supported orientations has no common orientation with the application, and [PUUIAlbumListViewController shouldAutorotate] is returning YES
2018-01-19 17:08:33.234 orientCrash[2078:1105573] *** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'UIApplicationInvalidInterfaceOrientation', reason: 'Supported orientations has no common orientation with the application, and [PUUIAlbumListViewController shouldAutorotate] is returning YES'
Reproduced with: 2018.1.0b3, 2017.3.0p3, 2017.2.1p2.
Not reproduced with: 2017.1.3f1.
iPhone 7 plus - iOS11.1 - not reproduced
iPhone 7 plus - iOS10.3.2 - reproduced
iPad mini 4 - iOS9.2.1 - reproduced
iPhone 6 - iOS8.0.1 - reproduced
-the original problem was found using ads SDK (see user's email for more info)
-not reproducible on devices running iOS 11.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [UWP] Player is not deployed correctly through "Build and Run" and causes BuildFailedException: Deployment failed.
- [XR][GearVR] GrabPass does not function properly when using GearVR and Single Pass Instancing.
- GfxDeviceWorker crash when in playmode after upgrading project to 2018.3
- [ShaderGraph] BooleanShaderProperty uses wrong property attribute (creates keywords)
- Crash when attempting to undo an "apply" action to an upgraded disconnected prefab