Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.2.X
Fixed in 2021.3.X
[iOS] Doing 'Build And Run' for iOS project on Apple Silicon sets 'My Mac' as the target device even if iOS device is connected
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open new Unity project on a Mac with Apple Silicon chip
2. Switch to iOS
3. Open 'Build Settings' window
4. Click 'Build And Run'
Expected result: Unity generates the Xcode project, launches Xcode and builds it to one of the connected iOS devices.
Actual result: Unity generates the Xcode project, launches Xcode and builds to 'My Mac' instead of an iOS device.
If you simply do 'Build' and open the generated Xcode project manually - one of the connected iOS devices will be correctly selected as the target device (even if there are no iOS devices connected, opening manually doesn't select 'My Mac' as the target, instead just sets 'Any iOS Device').
Does not reproduce on Intel Macs as Xcode doesn't offer 'My Mac' as a target.
Reproduced with: 2022.1.0b7, 2022.2.0a4
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Crash on CachedWriter::Write when building a project that has access to files being denied
- Lego tutorial does not continue when text fields are updated
- Input.mousePosition flickers in the Game view while in the Play mode when playing in Fullscreen on the second monitor
- AssetDatabase.FindAssets behaviour is bugged when using filters as of 2021.3.14
- [Android] Player crashes on null pointer dereference when a VideoPlayer played from URL is stopped