Search Issue Tracker
Instantiate<T>(Object, Transform) still uses world space by default
1. Open project attached (InstantiateBug).
2. Open scene "Scene"
3. Press Play.
4. Check gameobject "Parent" children's position.
Expected result: Children will have identical position.
Actual result: Children have different position.
Notes: Instantiate(Object, Transform) function started using local position by default in 5.5: "Using Object.Instantiate(Object, Transform) will now use the Object position as the local position by default."
Instantiate<T>(Object, Transform) was not affected by these changes. Due to that, those functions work differently.
Reproduced on: 5.5.0f3, 5.5.1f1, 5.6.0b5
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Unity crashes when opening the project
- "Color Picker not supported on this platform" error is thrown when UseOSColorPicker is set to true on Windows
- Lightmap Encoding Quality settings do not apply to baked lightmap textures
- GameObject is not culled and can be seen in the Frame Debugger when Camera is facing away from it
- [UIR] Lines separating packages wiggle in Packman at 150%