Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Inspector does not allow Multi-object editing after adding a CanEditMultipleObjects attribute and re-compiling the code
Steps to reproduce:
1. Download and open the project "RefProject.zip"
2. Open Assets/SampleScene.unity
3. Select all the "Gradient" GameObjects in the Hierarchy
4. Notice that the "Gradient Beh" Script in the Inspector shows "Multi-object editing not supported"
5. Open the Assets/GradientBeh.cs
6. Uncomment line 18 and comment line 19
7. Switch back to the Editor and wait for the Script to re-compile
8. Notice the Inspector
Expected result: The Inspector allows Multi-object editing
Actual result: The Inspector does not allow Multi-object editing until the GameObjects are re-selected
Reproducible with: 2018.4.36f1, 2019.4.29f1, 2020.3.14f1, 2021.1.15f1, 2021.2.0b4
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- "ArgumentNullException" error in the Console when selecting certain ScriptableObjects and entering Play Mode
- Configurable joints become bouncier when setting "Bounciness" below 1
- Prefabs get corrupted when editing Particle System curves
- Colors on images become darker when enabling "Vertex Color Always in Gamma Color Space"
- Pausing a Visual Effect doesn't pause the “Multiply size over life” effect in the Update Block
Resolution Note (fix version 2022.1):
Fixed in - Unity 2022.1.0a8