Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 12.0.0
Found in [Package]
[Inspector] 'Age Particles' checkbox hidden in the inspector unless lifetime is present or age is used within the same graph
1. Create an empty system
2. Add a Set Age attribute in Initialize
3. Select Update and observe that the 'Age Particles' option is not visible.
- Age Particles to be visible
- 'Age Particles' does appear if lifetime is added or if age is used within the same graph. However, if the age attribute is used in a GPU Event (attached video), then the user doesn't have control over the aging of the particles. A user also has to use the age attribute before they can chose whether they want the particles to age or not.
- Suggest showing 'Age Particles' if the Age attribute is added (even if it is just in initialize and not used anywhere), and only removing the extra aging calculation if the age attribute is not used in the current system or any related GPU-event system.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Graphics.DrawProcedural doesn't work like in DX11 when used with DX12
- [Quest 2] Running Entities Graphics/BatchRendererGroup under Vulkan results in a frame rate drop compared to OpenGLES 3 and causes Tile Binning to cost more
- Filters dropdown: Window doesn't rescale on items collapse
- Sprite Preview is broken when the Sprite is too tall or too wide
- Objects are invisible in Scene view when using Wireframe Shading Mode
Resolution Note (fix version 12.0.0):
Fix landed in VFX #12.0.0