Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.5.0
Input from the Editor is reset after a few seconds if an iOS device is set for Unity Remote but the Remote app isn't running
If an iOS device is set for use with Unity Remote in Edit > Project Settings > Editor, if a key is held down during play mode, it will get reset to its 'up' state in a few seconds even when not using the Unity Remote app.
Steps to reproduce:
1) Open the attached project.
2) Plug in an iOS device into the computer.
3) Go to Edit > Project Settings > Editor and select the device to use for Unity Remote.
4) Press play.
5) Press and hold down the left mouse button in the Game view.
The state of mouse input is logged in the console. At first, the input is registered normally, but after a few seconds it is reset even though the button is held all the time. This does not occur if 'Any Android device' is selected, or when no device is set (None). This happens with any key input (mouse buttons, spacebar etc.). After releasing the button, its input is sometimes not registered at all afterwards.
Note: the issue does not reproduce if Unity Remote is running on the connected iOS device.
Did not reproduce:
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- TreeView Child display toggle styling becomes reversed when clicking and dragging it
- Null is returned when using FocusOutEvent.relatedTarget
- Unity_BaseInstanceID is always zero when rendering multiple meshes and instancing with the same buffer
- UI Document button's text does not resize relatively when size in percentage (%) is used
- Event.current.mousePosition has an offset of 1px along the y-axis in WebGL build when the mouse button is released