Search Issue Tracker
Won't Fix in 5.6.X, 2017.1.X
Infinite Guid Changes because of Symlinks
1. Open project attached (Symlinks.zip).
2. Setup Symlink.
- Open cmd with administrator rights.
- Go to "Project"\Assets\ComScore-iOS-SDK-master\comScore\ComScore.framework
- run this code line: "mklink /D Test Versions"
3. Go to Editor and check the console.
4. If the console is clear, go to "Assets" and use "Reimport All".
Expected result: There will be no warnings due to symlink.
Actual result: Warning appear like "The GUID for ... is already in use by...".
Notes: if you use a symlink to a file directly, everything goes ok, but if you use a symlink to a folder, it shows these warnings (and recreate the guid, etc.). It only happens on 5.6+
Reproduced on: 5.6.0a2, 5.6.3p2, 2017.1.0p5, 2017.2.0b9, 2017.3.0a6
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Pausing a Visual Effect doesn't pause the “Multiply size over life” effect in the Update Block
- Wheel Colliders aren't detecting collision
- [VFX Graph] VFX graph is still dark when using Light Mode
- The Rotation of Child GameObject with the Interpolating RigidBody is set to a random number when changing the Rotation of Parent GameObject
- [Shader Graph] Shader graph is still dark when using Light Mode
May 16, 2019 14:55
Unity needs to be able to handle iOS Frameworks, we need to reopen this issue.
Jun 04, 2018 15:14
Does whoever marked this as Won't Fix understand the bug? The GUID for these assets changes *every time you give the Editor focus*. It makes clean commits almost impossible.
Apr 02, 2018 22:49
Additional information: This occurs with iOS Frameworks which typically use these sorts of symlinks to reference "Current" from a set of contained libraries etc. As such it's going to occur for a lot of the plugins that support iOS and contain the prescribed Apple frameworks.