Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.2.X
IndexOutOfRangeException is thrown when increasing the size of an ExposedReference array in the Inspector
How to reproduce:
1. Open the user-submitted project
2. Open the scene "bug" (Assets/bug.unity)
3. In the Hierarchy window, select the GameObject "Bug here"
4. In the Inspector window, press the + (Add to the list) button
5. Inspect the Console window (Window > General > Console)
Expected result: No errors are thrown
Actual result: "IndexOutOfRangeException" are thrown
Reproducible with: 2020.1.0a16, 2020.3.24f1, 2021.2.6f1, 2022.1.0b2
Could not test with: 2019.4.33f1, 2020.1.0a15 (Cannot change the size of the array)
IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- The terrain appears darker when "Per-pixel Normal" is enabled
- [Linux] Editor assertion causes Test Runner to fail when executing it in Batch Mode
- Color selection by the mouse cursor is still enabled when the "Esc" button is pressed
- Game view becomes black and the Scene window becomes grey, “ArgumentOutOfRangeException” errors and “Render Pipeline error” warnings appear after changing the name or deleting URP/HDRP global settings file
- Transform Component is not accessible inside the Player when RuntimeInitializeOnLoadMethod is used
Resolution Note (fix version 2022.2):
Fixed in: 2022.2.0a3