Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3.X
Increased input lag / delay in Standalone build when having low frames per second or VSync enabled
How to reproduce:
1. Open attached project "DXGI Flip test.zip" and scene "SampleScene"
2. Open Standalone (attached in the project directory)
3. In Editor, Enter play mode
4. Compare Editor and Standalone movement latency
Expected result: The latency is the same between Editor and Standalone
Actual result: the Standalone build is way more unresponsive when compared with the Editor
Reproducible with: 2017.4.31f1, 2018.4.5f1, 2019.1.13f1, 2019.2.0f1
Could not test with: 2019.3.0a11 (VSync in Editor is not applied)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- VFX Blackboard: Duplicated items numbers misses brackets
- [Android] TouchScreenKeyboard.active triggers an error when set to false in the Player
- [Android] Auto-correct suggestions show up over the "hidden zone" when typing text with TouchScreenKeyboard
- [Android] Clicks on the "hidden zone" remain blocked when TouchScreenKeyboard is active
- [URP][DX12] Black Game View window when URP Dynamic Resolution is enabled
Dec 10, 2021 21:25
This is still an issue 2020.3.15f2, I'm almost 100% certain that it was never fixed, and should not have been marked as fixed.
Dec 02, 2020 17:20
This seems to still be an issue on Mac. I'm using 2019.3.9f1 and am experiencing it with Mac builds.
Apr 16, 2020 09:50
I can confirm the same problem. In the editor everything runs smooth. In the Standalone build on PC (Threadripper CPU, 1070Ti, 32Gig RAM) there are massive input and physics calculation delays. This is up to a second delay, completely unacceptable.
Apr 02, 2020 08:30
I also get this issue using 2019.3. The editor runs snappy. The standalone also gets good FPS but responds much more slowly to input.
Feb 13, 2020 00:51
I also have an issue with this in my build. Doesn't happen in the editor, only in the build. Happens with 2019.1.7f1
Interesting to add that it only happens on my gaming laptop, but not on my old desktop. Also doesn't happen with older versions.
Feb 01, 2020 03:24
I've confirmed that this regression is still present in 2019.3.0f6, with a couple of minimal demo projects. The issue isn't there in 2018.4.10f1.
Jan 31, 2020 10:18
This doesn't seem fixed to me in 2019.3
Oct 20, 2019 09:25
The same happens on my Mac, too. The standalone player has significant lag with vsync on and the editor does not.