Search Issue Tracker
Incorrect transform position in Awake method of an instantiated prefab
1. Open attached Unity project "New Unity Project.zip"
2. Open "Scene" scene
3. Go into Play mode
4. Input letter "s" (it instantiates an instance of the prefab)
5. Observe the console
Expected result: prefab instance's position in the "TestObject" script's Awake method should be its actual position in the scene, which, in this case, is (1.0,2.0,3.0)
Actual result: prefab instance's position in the "TestObject" script's Awake method is the original prefab's position.
Reproduced on:5.6.3p4, 2017.1.0p2, 2017.2.0f3, 2017.3.0b5
This is a duplicate of issue #953068Game object transform.position is incorrect after Object.Instantiate after Awake() function call
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Unable to find a corresponding location while using Partial classes/methods when debugging
- Crash in AnimatorOverrideController::GetOriginalClip when using an indexer operator to access an animation clip
- Import errors when converting from Blend to FBX
- [WebGL] In developer build method Mathf.CeilToInt() throws an exception
- [Tilemap] Visualization of the tile is created in another tile when quickly moving cursor after releasing left mouse button