Search Issue Tracker
Incorrect transform position in Awake method of an instantiated prefab
1. Open attached Unity project "New Unity Project.zip"
2. Open "Scene" scene
3. Go into Play mode
4. Input letter "s" (it instantiates an instance of the prefab)
5. Observe the console
Expected result: prefab instance's position in the "TestObject" script's Awake method should be its actual position in the scene, which, in this case, is (1.0,2.0,3.0)
Actual result: prefab instance's position in the "TestObject" script's Awake method is the original prefab's position.
Reproduced on:5.6.3p4, 2017.1.0p2, 2017.2.0f3, 2017.3.0b5
This is a duplicate of issue #953068Game object transform.position is incorrect after Object.Instantiate after Awake() function call
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Absolute paths from included packages cannot be converted to virtual paths in Assets/Packages
- Crash in VCProvider when upgrading project from 18.3 to 19.1 and 19.2
- Android Vulkan corrupted rendering when there is no camera in the scene
- Creating mesh assets produces broken blendshapes
- Array.BinarySearch parameters get swapped from .NET 3.4 to .NET 4.0