Search Issue Tracker
Incorrect transform position in Awake method of an instantiated prefab
1. Open attached Unity project "New Unity Project.zip"
2. Open "Scene" scene
3. Go into Play mode
4. Input letter "s" (it instantiates an instance of the prefab)
5. Observe the console
Expected result: prefab instance's position in the "TestObject" script's Awake method should be its actual position in the scene, which, in this case, is (1.0,2.0,3.0)
Actual result: prefab instance's position in the "TestObject" script's Awake method is the original prefab's position.
Reproduced on:5.6.3p4, 2017.1.0p2, 2017.2.0f3, 2017.3.0b5
This is a duplicate of issue #953068Game object transform.position is incorrect after Object.Instantiate after Awake() function call
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Tile Map] Default cursor doesn't change to resize cursor on hovering over Default brush section in Tile Palette window
- After light bake, when light is switched from Baked to Realtime - it does not emit any light
- Multi-material list ordering does not respect DCC material ordering
- Timeline Track Clip locks to the Timeline cursor's position when moving it in the Timeline Asset
- [Particles] Infinite lifetime + prewarm causes errors