Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Incorrect "Main Thread" marker time reported to ProfilerRecorder whilst Profiler is recording
How to reproduce:
1. Open attached project "New Unity Project.zip"
2. Open "SampleScene" scene
3. Open Profiler window & disable Profiler recording
4. Enter Playmode
5. Observe the "Main Thread" time values being logged to the console
6. Enable the Profiler recording
7. Observe the "Main Thread" time values being logged to the console
Expected result: "Main Thread" values after enabling Profiler recording do not not change drastically
Actual result: "Main Thread" values after enabling Profiler recording become way smaller
Reproducible with - 2020.3.9f1, 2021.1.8f1, 2021.2.0a18
Not reproducible with (errors) - 2018.4, 2019.4
Cross reference these values with the CPU Time shown in the Profiler window and it appears that these tiny values are incorrect
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Camera active Texture is not written if another camera has a Script using "OnRenderImage"
- The Camera's background color is white when the device Appearance is "Light Mode"
- Particle System isn't culled off-screen when the Culling Mode is set to Automatic and the Simulation Space is set to World
- Main Player window is moved to the primary display when it's launched on a 3rd monitor and the 2nd monitor is activated
- Crash on Mesh::RecalculateBounds when assigning not enough vertices for two submeshes